Gathering with friends and family gives everyone the opportunity to share memories, express emotions, and find comforting support. Whether you choose burial or cremation; whether you select a formal funeral or a more relaxed memorial service, the need for acknowledgment of the loss with family and friends is ever present. We can help you create a unique meaningful ceremony to express the genuine individuality of your loved one. We take enormous pride in offering every family we serve dignified and affordable options from a traditional service to cremation.
Complete Funeral Service
Funeral services of traditional nature can vary differently in design and fulfillment. There are many options that are available to you, the consumer, with regard to funeral ceremonies. There is no single proper funeral service. It is a time for human sharing in its deepest sense. You and the ones you love are at the very center of the process. It is the goal of the Murphy O’Hara Funeral Home to help people complete the relationship with the one who has died and to provide a climate that encourages each person to give and receive emotional support. Services can be within the funeral home, services can be at a church or other facility or services can include visitation the night before or the day of the service.
We will provide the following services along with the choices that you have selected.
- The transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home
- Professional care of the deceased, which may include sanitary washing, embalming, dressing, hairdressing, cosmetology, and casketing
- An arrangement conference with the family to plan specific details for the funeral
- Locating the deceased's doctor to sign a death certificate; then filing this certificate at the local health department; obtaining the requested amount of certified death certificates for the family
- Obtaining all necessary permits and authorizations, as required.
- Preparing an obituary to be placed in any newspapers requested by the family
- Contacting local cemeteries or crematory, as required
- Providing a location for visitation and funeral ceremony
- Care and arrangement of floral pieces
- Arranging for Pallbearers and motor equipment, including limousines, as required
- Arranging for Cash Advances for cemetery expenses, clergy honorariums, music, funeral escorts, and custom acknowledgments
- Contacting Fraternal or Military organizations to take part in the ceremony
- Arranging for a personalized remembrance package, consisting of a register book, pray cards, and acknowledgments cards.
- Assist with Social Security and Veteran benefits • Coordinate a monument/memorial that will be a lasting tribute to the life lived
- Assist in the selection of a casket and burial vault
- Filing of life insurance claims